Thursday, July 2, 2009

Shattering Myths

All I can say is IT'S ABOUT TIME!! FINALLY a journalist tells it like it is without the liberal leftist hateful ideology that is often spewed against conservative Christian women who happen to be beautiful, but more importantly, also are great women in wonderful families, with intelligent minds, great hearts, true Christian faith, and hope (the REAL kind) to change this nation for the better.

If it were me writing the article, I would have included much more of the accomplishments of Sarah Palin as Governor of Alaska. But I really liked what was shared about Kathy Ireland.

The Washington Times: Opinionated Prejean, Ireland shatter myth
Attractive, articulate not incompatible.


Excerpts:

Take former supermodel Kathy Ireland, who is now the chief executive officer of a $1.4 billion company. She unabashedly says her faith guides her in everything she does and that it's possible to be for women's rights and also be pro-life.

Carrie Prejean, the former Miss California and Miss USA contestant who spoke out against gay marriage, says her future includes "me speaking out and taking a stand for what I believe in."


Miss Ireland credits education for another recent change in her life. She says she has always been a passionate supporter of women's rights, but she recently changed her views on abortion.

"I was pro-choice," she says. "It wasn't something I would ever choose for myself, but I felt, 'Who am I to tell a woman what to do with her body?' " Miss Ireland says her revised approach is based on science, not faith.

"You can be an atheist and know it is not OK to take a life," she says. "I dove into the medical books. I said, 'Please show me some evidence that an unborn baby is not a human being.' But there wasn't any. I read everything I could get my hands on. I called Planned Parenthood. I talked to my pro-choice friends. Nothing. The moment life begins, there is a blueprint for DNA.

"Some people assume because I am pro-life I am anti-woman, but that could not be further from the truth," she says.

Sarah Anne Sumpleoc of Fredericksburg, Va., who writes the blog Girls, God and the Good Life, says she thinks the culture may be heading to a time when conservative role models may not be such a rarity. She tries to write about role models on the blog often "because girls are looking for it."

"Whether you are 13 or 30, we all look for role models," she says. "We want to say, 'I want to be like that.' There are a whole lot of women doing amazing things, living what they believe and not afraid to show it."


Read entire article here.

Hat Tip:

Washington Times

No comments: